Many skippers understandably feel nervous about parking the boat or leaving the pontoon for the first time.
You can build your confidence in maneuvering a yacht in close quarters with our boat handling days. During the day you will be practice parking in and leaving finger pontoons as well as mooring alongside, and boat handling under power. You’ll also learn how to ferry glide and other great tips for parking in those tricky spots!
We run these courses in the busy Port Hamble Marina designed to make the situations as challenging as possible. So after the course, you will know if you can park here – you can park anywhere!
- Theory effects of tide and wind
- Berthing bows to, alongside
- Berthing stern to, alongside
- Alongside, springing off fore and aft
- Prop walk and prop wash
- Close quarter maneuvering
- Shorthanded berthing alongside
- Beneteau Oceanis 37
- All mooring fees
- Commercially endorsed instructor
- Packed lunch
- Course duration from 08.30 to 16.30hrs
- Helly Hansen professional wet gear is available to hire